Free Shipping for Online Orders. Terms and conditions apply.
New AZ Series Drivers Available with AC/DC Input and PROFINET Communication
PROFINET Communications Expands Our Network Capable Driver Line-up
Torrance, CA – July 22, 2021
Oriental Motor is pleased to announce the latest addition to the AZ Series family of single axis stored data drivers, which now includes AC and DC input. Both input types are now available with PROFINET communication.
The AlphaStep AZ Series stepper motors offers high efficiency, low vibration and incorporates our newly developed Mechanical Absolute Encoder for absolute-type positioning without battery back-up or external sensors to buy. Closed loop performance without hunting or gain tuning.
PROFINET provides industrial users with the networking protocol needed to utilize standard Ethernet technology for factory automation applications. PROFINET’s outstanding performance, globally established, future-oriented technology and simple configuration makes it ideal for industrial applications.
PROFINET uses familiar Ethernet technology, simplifying its configuration, but capabilities are enhanced to meet the demanding conditions within an industrial application environment.
These new expanded drivers offer additional flexibility to application design and configuration.
They key features of the new AZ Series PROFINET capable drivers are:
- Available with AC or DC input (AC: Single-Phase 100-120 VAC or Single / Three- Phase 200-240 VAC DC: 24 / 48 VDC)
- Works with all AZ Series motors including linear and rotary actuators, compact actuators and grippers
- Control methods: I/O stored data, PROFINET communications or pulse input
- Software (download for free on the website):
- GSD file for easy set up (specific to this drive)
- Data Support Software v4 of (MEXE02 type) can be used for Monitoring, Test Functions and Parameter Settings
- Built-in electromagnetic brake control
- Cables, motors, and accessories like the regeneration unit available, are sold separately, component style.
To learn more about Oriental Motor’s new AZ Series drivers, contact the Technical Support group at 800-468-3982 or email, email@example.com, or visit the web page at:
ABOUT ORIENTAL MOTOR
Since its founding in Japan in 1885, Oriental Motor has been a world leader in motion control systems. For over a century, we have concentrated on technological advancement and product design improvement — an emphasis evident in the sophisticated devices we market today.